Private Tour: Imperial Rome Art History Walking Tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Your personalized tour will visit the Colosseum in depth. After this visit you will enter to the Roman Forum where you will walk around the most famous monuments like Titu's Arch. Ascend to the Capitoline Hill where Diocletian built his fantastic Palace, Circus and now a beautiful small museum. Your expert art historian will bring it all back to life!.
This in-depth private tour of Imperial Rome is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:30am
Departs at 2pm, except July and August departs at 4pm
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Reviewed by: Denise N, July 2015
Wow, what an amazing day. Our guide Luca was incredible, blending archeological research with historical account. Our tour started on Palatine Hill as the Colloseum lines were mixed resulting in long waits even for those with passes. All the better as we explored Palatine Hill at a leisurely pace with very few other tourists. Upon our return to the Colloseum, Luca's experience with the confusing line system resulted in a very short wait for entrance.
Luca's knowledge was expansive and his courtesy for our comfort knew no bounds. A wonderful introduction to Roman history by a guide who is obviously passionate about his work and was able to continue with impeccable English even after my own English brain began to melt in the July heat. Thank you Luca.
Reviewed by: Anna, June 2015
Having a private quide massively enhanced out experience in the ancient city. Our guide Luca explained architectural structures and their social functions amongst the ruins. He made the very hot day manageable and enjoyable.