Select a datex
See the sights of Kyoto on this 3.5-hour morning tour. Kyoto was Japan's capital and the Emperor's residence from 794 until 1868. Included in this tour is a visit to Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Kyoto Imperial Palace and the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
You'll travel 30-minutes by train from Osaka to Kyoto. Enjoy a morning tour of Kyoto, departing from Osaka! Japan's seventh largest city with a population of 1.4 million people and a modern face. You'll see Kyoto's highlights, steeped in culture including Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Kyoto Imperial Palace and Kyoto Handicraft Center. You'll return by JR rail from Kyoto to Osaka station.
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Rail Tour
- Hotel pickup included
Nijo Castle The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors. Note: On Tuesday's in January, July, August and December when Nijo Castle is closed, the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple instead. Ryoanji Temple is a temple of Zen Buddhism.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
Kyoto's most popular temple is the home of perhaps the world's most authentic and exquisite Japanese Garden, as well as the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness. The residence of the Imperial family until the capital was relocated to Tokyo in 1868. View the Shishinden Imperial state chamber where enthronement ceremonies took place.
Note: On Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu instead. This shrine is known as the god of study. Many people go here to pray for success in passing school entrance examinations. "Ushi-san" (Mr. Cow), the familiar of the god of Kitano-Tenmangu Shrine, is always lying stretched out, and he seems quite content to be caressed by visitors. While originally the cow was the symbol of a good harvest, at some point it came to represent scholarship after being associated with Sugawara Michizane for so long.
Kyoto Nijo Castle
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Osaka hotels
- 7.30am from Hotel Granvia Osaka
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes upon arrival at Osaka Station at approximately 2.30pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kinkakuji Temple - Golden Pavilion
- Hotel pickup (from selected Osaka hotels only)
- Return JR rail journey from Osaka to Kyoto. 30-minutes in each direction
- Admission Fees
- English speaking guide
- Food and beverage
- Hotel drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You will be asked for your full name, nationality, gender and age to follow the necessary procedures before entering Kyoto Imperial Palace
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Some parts of pathway on this tour is gravel
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. During these times, the tour will visit other destinations. The same is true of the period before and after the public viewing of the Kyoto Imperial Palace in April and October, the three days before and after Aoi Festival (including the festival, held on May 15), as well as when there is an Imperial Household event.
- On Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December, or Wednesday if Tuesday is a national holidays, Nijo Castle is closed. The tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
Terms and Conditions:
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.