ZEALANDIA: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
As you step outside into Sanctuary Valley, the world’s first fully fenced, urban eco-sanctuary, look and listen for more than30 species of native birds and reptiles, including tuatara, saddleback, hihi, takahe and many more. ZEALANDIA’S 500-year vision is to restore the Sanctuary Valley as close as possible to its pre-human state.
To gain greater insight, you can join the ZEALANDIA rangers for free talks at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm or 3pm daily.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Closes: 5:00pm daily
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entry to the Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Visitor guide and map
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Last entry is at 4.00pm
- Cafe and gift store available
To ZEALANDIA from Wellington
- i-Site: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Te Papa: 9:35am, 10:35am, 11:35am,1 2:35pm, 1:35pm, 2:35pm
- YHA: 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm
- Rydges: 9:50am, 10:50am, 11:50am, 12:50pm, 1:50pm, 2:50pm
- Novotel: 9:55am, 10:55am, 11:55am, 12:55pm, 1:55pm, 2:55pm
- Top Cable Car: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
From ZEALANDIA returning to i-Site
- ZEALANDIA: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1.15pm, 2.15pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Reviewed by: Carol P, December 2014
Wonderful day out for the two of us, but would suit all ages. We would have liked more time to walk the longer trails too. We arrived via the free shuttle from Wellington's I-Centre and arrived in time to join a free guided walk with one of the volunteers. This should not be missed as there is so much information given about preparing the Zealandia site and the ethos behind it. The place was beautiful and it was a joy to see all those birds - some thought extinct and some just not seen in the area for decades. We booked Zealandia on-line and did it while in port on a cruise ship, and it really is easy to get to and from. At the end of the day we were dropped at the top of the funicular but chose to walk straight down via the streets, having been through the beautiful Botanic Gardens numerous times before. I would highly recommend Zealandia to any visitors.
Reviewed by: Don I, February 2014
Truly a highlight. I'd recommend this one to everyone.