ZEALANDIA: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
As you step outside into Sanctuary Valley, the world’s first fully fenced, urban eco-sanctuary, look and listen for more than30 species of native birds and reptiles, including tuatara, saddleback, hihi, takahe and many more. ZEALANDIA’S 500-year vision is to restore the Sanctuary Valley as close as possible to its pre-human state.
To gain greater insight, you can join the ZEALANDIA rangers for free talks at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm or 3pm daily.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Closes: 5:00pm daily
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entry to the Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Visitor guide and map
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Last entry is at 4.00pm
- Cafe and gift store available
To ZEALANDIA from Wellington
- i-Site: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Te Papa: 9:35am, 10:35am, 11:35am,1 2:35pm, 1:35pm, 2:35pm
- YHA: 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm
- Rydges: 9:50am, 10:50am, 11:50am, 12:50pm, 1:50pm, 2:50pm
- Novotel: 9:55am, 10:55am, 11:55am, 12:55pm, 1:55pm, 2:55pm
- Top Cable Car: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
From ZEALANDIA returning to i-Site
- ZEALANDIA: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1.15pm, 2.15pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
Reviewed by: Don I, February 2014
Truly a highlight. I'd recommend this one to everyone.
Reviewed by: Joseph W, Australia, January 2014
This was good value. The museum had an excellent display of NZ flora and fauna and the walk around the park very interesting.The free shuttle there and back made it an excellent way of understanding NZ