Dart River Jet Boat Ride and Wilderness Safari from Queenstown
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
From Glenorchy, embark on a jet-boat ride down the Dart River. Enjoy thrilling jet spins as you navigate the ever-changing shallow channels of this glacier-fed, braided river system, and listen as your expert boat driver highlight points of interest that give this area its unique natural and cultural importance.
Next, discover the surrounding vegetation and spot wildlife on a leisurely walk through an ancient forest with your naturalist guide, who will share intimate knowledge of the area.
Then, travel along a backcountry route and enjoy a fun off-road adventure! Learn more about this fascinating area and stop to view some of New Zealand’s most epic scenery.
After your wilderness adventure, enjoy a relaxing drive back to Queenstown.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Code: 7:40AM Departure
Tour departs from Queenstown at 7:40am. Hotel pickups commence up to 30 minutes prior to this time.
USD $153.67Pricing details
Code: 11:40AM Departure
Tour departs Queenstown at 11:40am. Hotel pickups comments up to 30 minutes prior to this time.
USD $153.67Pricing details
Dart River Safari
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Dart River jet-boat ride
- Guided wilderness walk
- Back-country bus tour
- Naturalist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum child height of 3’3.5’’(1 meter) applies irrespective of child’s age
- Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with optional spray jackets
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable, supportive close-toed shoes
- Guided walk requires moderate fitness. The walking track is mostly well-formed; some sections may be steep, rough or muddy
Reviewed by: stuart s, August 2014
Great spin up the dart river - and knowledge of the woods was really good . Yeah may try the kayaks next for more in depth adventure.
Reviewed by: Mark B, April 2014
Fantastic trip. We had a really lovely day weather wise just brilliant sunshine. The jet boat ride was excellent with the scenery up the dart river just beautiful.These tour operators are great with excellent dialog and knowledge of this part of New Zealand. The trip is highly recommended as good value for money and to view this part of the NZ National park.