Full-Day Milford Sound and Fiordland National Park Tour including Milford Sound Cruise and BBQ Lunch from Te Anau
Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand. Located in 3 million acres of the Fiordland National Park, Milford Sound is a must-see for any traveler. Magnificent untouched native forests and bush, pristine waterways and lakes, glacier and high peaks. After departing Te Anau the scenery really begins as you are driven along the lake. Lake Te Anau is the largest lake in the South Island.Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, you will travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. You will make the fist of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities and you have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. There are some fantastic walks in the area and this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine beech forest up close.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. You will make some great scenic stops along this stretch of the road, at his time of day there are few other buses on the road. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you will wind our way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise for a 1.45 hour excursion on the fjord.
Important Note: During the months of May to October the itinerary for this tour will be modified. In place of the BBQ lunch enroute to Milford Sound, the tour will include a full scenic cruise with a free BBQ lunch on board the cruise boat.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
10:30am (November - April)
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:45pm (May - October), 6:45pm (November - April)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Cruise on the Milford Sound
- Opportunity for extended bush walks
- BBQ lunch at Cascade Creek inside the Fiordland National Park or a BBQ lunch on board your Milford Sound Cruise if traveling during the months of May - October
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef should be advised at time of booking.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Reviewed by: Timothy W, December 2013
This was a great day trip, even though the weather (typically for Fiordland) was damp and rainy. Nick produced a great barbecue at a time when the rain had stopped, and the whole day went very well. The rain made Milford Sound very dramatic, and the waterfalls were amazing. We met some keas at the Homer Tunnel, and also a weka. I would heartily recommend this BBQ Bus tour.
Reviewed by: Kris T, April 2013
We had a really great day out with excellent guidance from our hosts and spectacular views! Enjoyed the BBQ!