Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras from Christchurch
Journey to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station, home of Mt Sunday; see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural unspoilt beauty of the high country's sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh mountain air.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
This great day out includes 4WD access onto Mt Sunday itself, a delicious champagne picnic lunch, fully running commentary from a friendly and knowledgeable kiwi tour guide and spectacular scenery you will never forget. You don't have to be a Lord of the Rings fan to enjoy this amazing day out!
- Stand on the summit of Mount Sunday (Edoras) enjoy the breathtaking 360 degree views
- A selection of movie replicas for photo use
- Spectacular scenery including rivers, alpine lakes, mountains and high country farm land
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Christchurch hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 6:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle
- Short guided walk to summit of Mount Sunday/Edora
- Delicious champagne picnic lunch
- Local guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please wear good footwear and bring along a warm jacket
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Reviewed by: lexjosh, July 2014
Amazing tour, awesome weather, staff super, I hope though I didn't cause too much problems when stepping on the box which contained our sandwiches :)
Reviewed by: Nathan C, May 2014
Brent was an amazing tour guide. Definitely made the experience for me!