Green Island Day Trip by Scenic Helicopter and Cruise
From Cairns, fly on a scenic helicopter ride over the rainforest and above the magnificent colors of the Great Barrier Reef; you’ll arrive on Green Island in 20 minutes.
There is plenty to do on Green Island! Visit the tropical aquarium, follow the self-guided island walking track, take a short stroll along nature boardwalks leading through the rainforest, and spot turtles swimming in the sea off the island's patrolled beach.
A coral- viewing tour on a glass-bottom boat is included, as well are the use of Green Island's swimming pool and the use of snorkeling equipment.
A delicious hot and cold buffet lunch will be served at the Green Island Resort’s restaurant (if option selected).
You can choose either a half-day tour that includes 4 hours on Green Island or a full-day tour that includes 6 hours on Green Island. You also have the option to return to Cairns by high-speed catamaran or by scenic helicopter.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Cairns City Heliport located at the Shangri-la Marina which is within walking distance of many Cairns hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at Cairns Helipad, Reef Fleet Marina or Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Scenic helicopter flight to Green Island. Six hours on Green Island. Return to Cairns by luxury catamaran. Includes hot and cold buffet lunch
USD $340.83Pricing details
Full-day Roundtrip Helicopter
Scenic helicopter flight to Green Island. Six hours on Green Island. Return to Cairns by helicopter. Includes hot and cold buffet lunch
USD $614.84Pricing details
Green Island Scenic Helicopter Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- 20-minute scenic helicopter flight between Cairns and Green Island (one-way or round-trip depending on option selected)
- One-way cruise from Green Island by high-speed catamaran (if option selected)
- Buffet lunch (if full-day option is selected)
- All snorkeling equipment
- Glass-bottom boat coral-viewing tour
- Use of Green Island's swimming pool
- Environmental Management Charge (EMC)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passengers will be weighed before flight to confirm weights in accordance with aviation laws
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- One infant 2 years and under may travel free of charge if seated on a guardian's lap. A maximum of 1 infant is allowed per helicopter
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers aged 3 years and above
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Elaine M, January 2014
It was a magical day from start to finish! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and wish we could have stayed there longer. Highly recommended! Helicopter ride was amazing and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely do it again.
Reviewed by: Jianwei Z, June 2014
very smooth and successful experience