Small-Group Barcelona Chocolate and Sweets Walking Tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
As you discover different types of sweets and chocolates, your guide will explain how the sweets tradition in Spain started in monasteries centuries ago, when nuns would create elaborate homemade delicacies.
Next, follow your guide through the charming alleyways of the Gothic quarter, where most patisseries, chocolate shops and cafés are located, and where locals gather for a sweet treat. Learn from your guide how chocolate became such a big tradition in Barcelona and take this opportunity to taste some traditional cocoa.
Enjoy the blend of sweet aromas as you continue your tour toward the El Born district and the beautiful Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
Getting close to the end of your tour you will taste one of the very typical Spanish Christmas nougat, turrón. It has persisted in Spanish tradition for over five centuries and is considered one of the favorites Spanish sweets. Finish your tour with a visit to traditional bar which is popular among locals. Here you will taste Spanish hot chocolate accompanied by a churros.
Please note: tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3394SWESmall-Group Barcelona Chocolate and Sweets Walking Tour
- Food tasting (8 samples)
- 1 hot chocolate with churros
- 1 small cake
- 1 glass of cava
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Minimum age for wine tastings is 18 years
- Children under four years go free, but will not get any food tastings
- Tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
- Food samples may contain egg and nuts
Reviewed by: Constantine N, August 2014
The tour was awesome not only did we enjoy some sweets the guide was really knowledgeable and friendly. Learnt a lot about Barcelona. Pity we didn't do it on our first day there! Thanks
Reviewed by: staci S, July 2014
Great tour to see some shops and parts of the city.