Select a datex
See the Great Barrier Reef's coral and marine life on this full-day trip from Port Douglas. Whether you are a snorkeler or a scuba diver, experienced or a novice, this snorkel and dive cruise from Port Douglas is the perfect day out on the Great Barrier Reef. Visiting three different dive sites you'll discover the abundant marine life and diversity of coral which the Great Barrier Reef is world-famous for.
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Snorkel gear included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Agincourt Reef sits at the very edge of the Great Barrier Reef, a ribbon reef running parallel to the Continental Shelf. There is a multitude of marine life at Agincourt Reef, from tiny iridescent fish seeking shelter in their coral homes to massive giant clams weighing up to 200 kilograms (440 pounds). Perhaps you will see a small harmless reef shark or a boulder coral hundreds of years old.
Your day begins with pickup from your Port Douglas hotel. The fastest ride out to the reef from Port Douglas, the ultra modern 29 meter catamaran will be your base for the day. Throughout the day you'll visit three locations on Agincourt Reef, each showcasing a different aspect of the beautiful Great Barrier Reef. The cruise has exclusive access to 22 premier internationally recognised reef sites and you have the choice to snorkel, dive or a combination of both.
If you have never tried scuba diving you can choose to do one or two introductory dives, or you may prefer to stick to snorkeling and explore all three sites from the surface. A crew member will take those interested on a guided snorkel tour at one of the reef locations. Certified divers can choose to partake in up to three certified dives. Whatever you choose, your Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise includes up to five hours in the water.
The friendly crew will be happy to answer any questions you have throughout the day. The boat features full bar facilities, fresh water showers and expansive sundecks overlooking the Coral Sea. A tropical buffet lunch will be served between sites, along with morning and afternoon tea.We recommend you book this reef trip on your first full available day. You then have the opportunity to be flexible and change your travel date if you wish. Your booking can be changed at no additional cost directly with the operator once you are in Cairns. Prebook and secure your booking, but relax in knowing you can make amendments at no charge.
Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Port Douglas hotels
- Cruise departs from the Marina Mirage at 8:30am. Hotel pick ups are between 7:30am and 8:00am.
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes guided snorkel tour, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch & snorkel gear
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes 1 introductory dive, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch, snorkel & dive gear
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes 2 introductory dives, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch, snorkel & dive gear
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes 1 certified dive, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch, snorkel & dive gear
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes 2 certified dives, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch, snorkel & dive gear
5 hrs on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, visiting 3 sites. Includes 3 certified dives, pickup/drop off from Port Douglas hotels, buffet lunch, snorkel & dive gear
Outer Great Barrier Reef Dive and Snorkel Cruise
- Cruise from Port Douglas to Agincourt Reef
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Use of dive equipment (if option selected)
- Snorkel tour with reef guide
- Choice of snorkeling, introductory or certified diving (option selected at time of booking)
- Prescription masks
- Buffet lunch
- Morning tea
- Afternoon tea
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Environmental Management Charge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Wetsuit hire (approximately AUD $5.00)
- Optional activities (if options not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booking within 5 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years, the maximum age is 70 years
- All diving activities (Ocean Walker and Introductory Dive) for children 14 years and under must be booked directly on the day of travel. Prices listed are cruise only
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.