Versailles by Bike Day Tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Rail Tour
The next highlight today is a bike ride through the gardens behind Versailles palace. You'll leave foot visitors behind on your tour of the palace by bicycle, as visitors on foot can visit only a small fraction of the palace gardens. Versailles' gardens and forests are crisscrossed by a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths, so bring your camera for picture-perfect views in every direction.
Arriving at the far end of the Grand Canal, you'll settle down for a picnic in the exact spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI ate in order to marvel at their palace. Relax on the grass in peace where only your cycling group will be able to easily reach this end of the Grand Canal.
After lunch, pedal back towards the palace itself for an unforgettable view into the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the Revolution in 1789. You'll visit the Hall of Mirrors (site of the treaty ending World War I), the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel (audio guide available). After your visit to Versailles you'll return to Paris via RER train.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Versailles Bike Tour
- Audio-guide at Versailles
- Bicycle and helmet
- Entrance fees
- Roundtrip train tickets from Paris to Versailles
- Up to 1.5 hours in the Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Rain gear is available at a fee of 1EUR paid direct which will be refunded if not used
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If a children's bike is required, you must advise at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You will cover an area of approximately 10 miles on a relatively flat terrain. The ride is leisurely and therefore suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Child seats are available if requested at the time of booking
- Tandem bikes are available for children aged 10 years and younger.
Reviewed by: Bethe M, August 2015
Great highlight of a 10-day trip in England and France. Our tour guide, Steve, used his knowledge, interpersonal skills, sense of humor and picnic-preparedness to make a memorable Sunday for a group of 20, ranging from 15 to 70. We were especially fortunate to be the first group to depart 1 of 8 on that July Sunday, so we got a nice early start on the train and in the parks.
Going to the market and riding on the Versailles grounds and having a picnic with a view of the palace were wonderful experiences. The palace was jammed with tourists as indicated by others on a July Sunday, but the skip-the-line access allowed us to minimize time in the crowds and move through to the gardens where Sunday brought the bonus of fountains operating throughout the gardens, with classical music playing from speakers which was fun, if not high-fidelity.
I took this tour with my 15-year-old granddaughter. Being 66, I wondered if the ride would be too strenuous, but the tour was broken into lots of small segments, broken up by descriptions of the landscape, picnic, etc. It was very doable and I would recommend it to anyone in decent shape who wants a special experience alone or with friends and family.
Reviewed by: Jen, August 2015
We cannot say enough great things about this tour. It was the highlight of our trip. Valentine was a wonderful guide, experienced in French history and great cheese. We had some challenges with our 5 year old and her ability to keep up with the group and he offered to take her on his bike. In the end we were able to sort it out with our group and make some great friends in the process. This tour was the absolute best and the highlight of our entire European vacation.