Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Small Group Day Trip from Rome
Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
First stop is the picture-perfect town of Amalfi, on the luscious Amalfi Coast. Once a major naval power, the town is now known for its stunning coastal scenery; it clings to a jagged rock face looking down over the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy free time here to stretch your legs on a walk around, admiring the town’s typically Mediterranean architecture, where houses seem to be built on top of each other as they straddle the hillside! Rest in one of the cafés and sample a shot of limoncello (own expense), or perhaps check out the Cloister of Paradise (Chiostro del Paradiso) -- an intriguing Arabian-style hamlet.
Continue by minivan to the neighboring village of Positano, passing along a stunning coastal road with stops peppered in for photo stops. Enjoy free time for lunch in the village (own expense), and to explore. Gaze in admiration at the white- and pastel-colored houses that smatter the hillside, and perhaps take a stroll along its perfectly groomed beaches.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and then head inland toward the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -- the world-famous ancient village that lay buried under layers of volcanic ash for centuries. Explore the area with your guide on a 2-hour walking tour, documenting the site’s history from AD 79 when Mount Vesuvius erupted, to the early 18th century when it was ‘discovered.’ Hear history come to life with tales of ancient Romans who once lived here.
From Pompeii, return north to Rome by minivan. Your tour then finishes back at your hotel in the late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please be ready in the lobby of your hotel by 6.45am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pompeii and Amalfi Day Tour from Rome
- Walking tour of Pompeii with a local expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pompeii entrance fee (approx. 11 euros)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, comfortable walking shoes and a windbreaker are recommended.
- Each minivan accommodates eight people. The total group size is limited to a maximum of three minivans (24 people)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Reviewed by: Lauren G, November 2014
Had an awesome time it was well worth it. Our guide Brando promptly picked us up and was so nice and informative and made it a great experience. I would recommend it to everyone.
Reviewed by: Thomas M, November 2014
The tour was excellent. I would recommend to anyone traveling to Italy.