Select a datex
If you seek an adventure tour that plays with your senses and provides an unforgettable thrill then this tour is for you. Choose between the Black Abyss or the Labyrinth and let the fun begin!
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
The Black Abyss
Designed for people with a moderate level of fitness, the five-hour invigorating journey includes a minimum of two hours exhilarating underground adventure. Abseil (Rappel) into the awesome limestone tomb to experience the adrenaline rush as you clamber and slide through squeezes, zip into the black water filled abyss and scramble up waterfalls in your pursuit of daylight.
Inside the cave naturally occurring decorations such as stalactites and stalagmites will amaze while the resident glowworms promise to provide a spectacular visual exhibition as you traverse through the subterraneous playground.
Includes: Abseiling training, abseiling 37 metres, caving and walking, cave tubing (black water rafting), glow worms, jumps, flying fox, climbing
This popular tour involves a combination of walking and floating on an inner tube through a unique underground river system. As you prepare for your adventure your professional guide will ensure you are properly equipped and teach you some fun techniques before you climb down into nature's underground network for an enjoyable cave tubing experience of a lifetime! Streams spill, twist, turn and join to build a river canyon. Glide with the water as it drops down the hidden waterfall and tumbles down rocky chutes before sliding through vaulted limestone galleries to finally emerge into the dazzling green Waitomo forest.
Prepare to be amazed at the naturally occurring decorations within the cave including stalactites and stalagmites. This exhilarating journey also provides a spectacular visual display of glowworms.
Includes: caving and walking, cave tubing (black water rafting), glow worms, small waterfall jumpAt the end of your experience enjoy a hot shower, hearty soup and bagel.
Black Water Rafting Waitomo Caves Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Waitomo Caves
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-hour cave tubing adventure - The Labyrinth at Waitomo Caves 9:00am departure
3-hour cave tubing adventure - The Labyrinth at Waitomo Caves 12:00pm departure
3-hour cave tubing adventure - The Labyrinth at Waitomo Caves 3:00pm departure
5-hour caving, abseiling and flying fox ultimate adventure - The Black Abyss at Waitomo Caves 9:00am departure
5-hour caving, abseiling and flying fox ultimate adventure - The Black Abyss at Waitomo Caves 11:00am departure
5-hour caving, abseiling and flying fox ultimate adventure - The Black Abyss at Waitomo Caves 2:00pm departure
Black Water Rafting Waitomo Caves Tour
- Abseiling techniques training (if option chosen)
- The use of equipment such as tubes, wetsuits, boots, helmets, abseiling devices (if option chosen) and safety equipment
- Complimentary hot shower, hearty soup and legendary Black Water bagel
- Entry to Waitomo Cave Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All participants on this tour must weigh at least 45 kilograms
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Water temperature is approximately 10 degrees Celsius
- The Waitomo Caves are located 121 miles (195 km) from Auckland. Rountrip transport from Auckland is not included
- The Black Abyss: 16 years of age
- The Labyrinth: 12 years of age
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.