Zealandia by Night Tour
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
It is then time to step through the predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 550-acre (225-hectare) eco sanctuary home to some of the rarest native animals and birds in New Zealand that are found nowhere else in the world. By the light of the glowworms search for the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi foraging in the leaf litter.
Zealandia by Night is a fascinating and interactive look into the history of New Zealand’s wildlife over the past 1000 years, it's a fascinating and educational experience.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Torches/flashlights supplied
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear sturdy footwear, bring extra layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket. Torches are supplied
- Transport to and from the attraction available on selected days only. You will need to contact your local service provider at the number stated on the voucher to arrange exact time and pickup location
Reviewed by: Vicki L, June 2015
We saw 4 kiwi. I work with a girl from NZ, she hasn't even seen that many in real life! Great experience.
Reviewed by: mike.gordon, April 2015
Would highly recommend if you want to see Kiwi's. That was what I was going for and it worked out quite well! Saw some other birds and stuff as well but you could also see them during the day I guess. Also got a discount for the day time after doing the tour!