Enjoy a night discovering New Zealand’s evolution and natural history at Zealandia, located just minutes from central Wellington. The discovery begins with a guided tour through Zealandia: The Exhibition, a state-of-the-art indoor exhibition showcasing New Zealand’s natural history and world renowned conservation movement. As darkness falls, your guide will lead you into the Sanctuary Valley, the world’s first fully fenced urban eco-sanctuary in search for little spotted kiwi and the many other nocturnal animals that call the sanctuary home. This is an unforgettable Wellington experience not to be missed!
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
A night at Zealandia will transport you back in time to a world yet discovered, when prehistoric beasts roamed free. Be amazed by lifelike models of the majestic moa and fearsome Haast’s eagle, the long lost giants of the bird world, and uncover the unique natural history of New Zealand through an enthralling sound and light show.
It is then time to step through the predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 550-acre (225-hectare) eco sanctuary home to some of the rarest native animals and birds in New Zealand that are found nowhere else in the world. By the light of the glowworms search for the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi foraging in the leaf litter.
Zealandia by Night is a fascinating and interactive look into the history of New Zealand’s wildlife over the past 1000 years, it's a fascinating and educational experience.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Zealandia Visitors Centre
- Tour departs 30 minutes prior to sunset.
Return Details:Concludes at Zealandia Visitors Centre
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Torches/flashlights supplied
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear sturdy footwear, bring extra layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket. Torches are supplied
- Transport to and from the attraction available on selected days only. You will need to contact your local service provider at the number stated on the voucher to arrange exact time and pickup location
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.