Mt. Tarawera Volcano Scenic Floatplane Tour from Rotorua
- Scenic air tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Your 30-minute scenic flight from Rotorua will take you soaring over Mt. Tarawera’s crater rift before flying south to the Steaming Cliffs and hot lakes of Waimangu Volcanic Valley.
Returning to Rotorua you’ll fly over the Blue and Green Lakes, and the geysers of Whakarewareewa Thermal Reserve before ending your flight with a landing on Rotorua Lake.
Flights depart throughout the day from dawn to dusk, so simply advise your preferred departure time when booking. A minimum of 2 adults is required per booking.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Fly over Volcanic Crater Lakes near Rotorua
- 30-minute scenic floatplane flight over Mt. Tarawera Volcano
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and balance of the aircraft, the maximum per seat limit is 297 lbs (135 kg) per passenger
Reviewed by: Olivier M, February 2012
Absolutely beautiful, what an experience we enjoy every minute of this wonderful flight...a really must do in a life time!!!!!
Reviewed by: Barbara B, April 2015
The service was extraordinary - loved the communication prior to my trip. Our pilot was a great guide and an excellent pilot. thanks for the experience.