Salzburg and Lake District Day Tour from Munich
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Pass through the Chiemgau before arriving in Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart. Stroll the picturesque old city and major attractions including Salzburg Cathedral, St Peter's Abbey and Mozart Square.
On Lake Wolfgangsee, there is the possibility of a boat ride to the famous White Horse Inn overlooking the lake, and a visit to the pilgrim church.
Upon your return journey to Munich, you will pass by Lake Mondsee, which was used in several scenes of the much-loved movie The Sound of Music.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Salzburg and Lake District Day Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Wolfgangsee Boat (approximately EUR 10.00)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: mail2bkrishna, July 2015
This tour was amazing. Our tour guide nancy was very knowledgeable about the place and took us through the places of interest. Early start from munich and little more free time in salzburg would have made it much more pleasant ex.addition of cable car ride in salzburg. Otherwise I enjoyed this trip and recommend it to others as a must to do..
Reviewed by: Lindsey M, July 2015
Our tour guide was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Salzburg is a beautiful little city worth visiting. There are lots of wonderful shops and cafes to visit. The boat ride on Lake Wolfgangsee was beautiful. The water is clean and the landscape is heavenly. I highly recommend this trip to anyone interested in getting a glimpse of Austria. Wish we had more time, but 11 hours was a nice chunk of time. Bus was comfortable too!