Deluxe Grand Canyon South Rim Airplane Tour
Reviewed by: Maggie R, September 2015
Travelled with two adults, two young teens and one child.
From first booking on-line before we left the UK to being dropped back off at our hotel, the whole process was extremely smooth and efficient.
Very amiable, professional and knowledgeable staff.
Clear and easy instructions on all legs of the journey: booking, hotel pick-up, tour and drop-off.
No waiting around. On the whole, a really slick operation and delivered on all the claims made - unlike a lot of tour operators.
Okay, the lunch was a bit naff but it was a nice touch, anyway.
Having done both now, I highly recommend the airplane, south rim tour rather than the west rim, helicopter tour from Vegas. Although to get the most from this tour, I would suggest adding on the helicopter ride as an add-on at the time of booking. The walk-up price is much higher. :-
Reviewed by: simon j, August 2015
Fantastic experience -the pilots of both the plane and helicopter where friendly and enhanced what was definitely a highlight - not just of this holiday but will be in the memory forever
Reviewed by: Jayne H, August 2015
In summary, this was an excellent and really well organised trip.
We were staying in Vegas and were looking at doing the West Rim helicopter trip which gives you 45 minutes each way with a short landing in the middle. But having read other reviews which said that the South Rim was more spectacular, then we opted for this trip, which was only a little more money.
One thing that was hard to find when booking was a full itinerary, so hope this helps by the way the underlying tour company was Maverick:
- Picked up at 12:30 at our hotel and then about a 20 min commute to Henderson Airport
- As soon as we got there we were immediately checked in and then had a pleasant 25 min wait in the lobby where there was a cafe and small shop and plenty of seating
- Then everyone was grouped together by aircraft and we all left together in 3 small planes, where everyone had a window seat
- Flight time was just short of an hour, but once we were cruising, we were allowed to head up to the cockpit to chat the the pilots and they also took selifies with us direct in the cockpit which was excellent.
- You could see the Hoover dam and Lake Mead, although from a distance, but the remainder of the landscape was mainly desert.
- Once landed the buses were waiting for a short 5 min ride to the end of the airfield where we were boarded pretty much straight away onto the waiting helicopters
- The 45 helicopter ride was spectacular and we saw loads of the grand canyon, with views like you see on postcards
- Then back on the bus and a 25 min ride into the national park and we were dropped at a lodge for an hour which is right on the rim
- We then got an hour to wander right on the rim and take some photos of the amazing view
- Then commute back, straight on the awaiting planes, then shuttles back to hotels
There was hardly any waiting around in between stops and the views from the helicopter and then our walk at the end were stunning. Highly recommend this tour!
Reviewed by: Leo Chu Kei T, July 2015
Brilliant tour. Nice to take plane, heli to go to west rim, south rim, north rim. It is a great experience. No complaint at all. Perfect!
Reviewed by: davies357, July 2015
We took the morning flight, which I would recommend early rise but well worth it. I would also take the option of the helicopter flight over the South Rim, spectacular, pilot was lovely.
Reviewed by: David B, July 2015
Everything about this tour was fantastic. It was well organised from easy booking to pick up on the day and the tour itself. The flight was quick and gave ample time at the Grand Canyon National Park. Well worth the money.
Reviewed by: Daniel S, July 2015
Excellent tour - perfectly organised. Particular thanks to Daryl who was great, also Toni and Stephen and other staff were great. Overall tour fully met expectations and endorsed other reviews. All went exactly to plan - no problems at all.