Small Group Chianti Wine Region Day Trip from Florence
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
At the Medieval castle of Montefioralle, stroll around this enchanting castle and admire the breathtaking scenery with incredible vistas of the Chianti, and appreciate the slower pace of life that hasn't changed for centuries as you stroll around the streets of this enchanting hill town.
At Greve in Chianti, the principal town of the Chianti, you'll have some free time to explore this friendly market town (Market Day is Saturday) with the opportunity to do an optional wine tasting or olive oil tasting while in the town. Before lunch, you will visit a local vineyard to learn more about the wine-making in the Chianti and to enjoy your first wine tasting of the day. You'll enjoy an optional lunch at a delightful Trattoria (not included) with undisturbed panoramic views and delicious regional cuisine.
In the afternoon, continue your tour of the Chianti visiting Medieval hill towns and their fortresses that once formed the league of Chianti in the 13th-century where you'll enjoy more incredible views of the countryside.
To celebrate your day trip of the Chianti wine region you will visit another noted vineyard for your second wine tasting. And while sitting back savoring the subtle textures and tones of the wine, contemplate the beautiful countryside that has been your constant companion during the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chianti Wine Region Small Group Day Trip from Florence
- Two wine tastings at vineyards in the Chianti
- Transport by minivan (maximum 8 passengers)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The optional lunch is arranged directly on the day of travel. It is approximately 15-20 Euros per person
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Reviewed by: darrenmuise, October 2014
Fantastic tour. The scenery was amazing and the wineries and towns we visited were just perfect. The van was very comfortable for the drive and the length of the tour was just right. Our guide Fabrizio (forgive me if I've spelled his name wrong) was the best. He went out of his way to pick up other people on the tour who were late, took us to a few spots that weren't necessarily part of the tour (like stopping on the hill above Florence for pics, etc). One of the people on the tour left her phone behind at a previous stop, and Fabrizio called back, arranged to have someone he knew look for it and then got it back later in the day and was going to deliver it to the hotel of the person who lost it. Top notch service for sure.
Reviewed by: Sharon M, October 2014
Our guide was so knowledgeable and helpful. We had a wonderful day learning about the Chianti region. What a great experience.