Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
The walking tour also takes you to the War Memorial (Neue Wache) and State Library, where Albert Einstein once worked. You'll see where the 1920s Cabaret Mile, Friedrichstrasse, once stood and how this area is being reinvented as Berlin's luxury shopping street. To find out how public transport worked in a divided city, you'll visit a Ghost Station.
After walking through the Brandenburg Gate and seeing the Reichstag (Parliament) with its famous new dome, you'll take a walk past the new Holocaust Memorial and visit the site of Hitler's bunker. Listen as your guide explains what happened here at the end of the war, and why there is nothing left to see.
You'll then see how 21st-century Berlin is taking shape on Potsdamer Platz, and find out where the Nazi SS and Gestapo HQ stood. You'll see the Berlin Wall and follow the 'death strip' to Checkpoint Charlie. While you walk, your guide will explain how the Wall was built, as well as the momentous events of its fall in 1989.
The tour ends on one of Europe's most beautiful squares, Gendarmenmarkt, not far from the Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
10am and 1:30pm departures only
At the taxi stand at Zoo station (Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten)
DEPARTURE EAST BERLIN:
10:30am and 2pm departures only
Outside restaurant Weihenstephaner opposite Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
West Berlin 10:00am Departure
Departs from central meeting point in West Berlin at 10:00am. All Year Round.
East Berlin 10:30am Departure
Departs from central meeting point in East Berlin at 10:30am. All Year Round.
West Berlin 1:30pm Departure
Departs from central meeting point in West Berlin at 1:30pm. Departs March 28 to October only.
East Berlin 2:00pm Departure
Departs from central meeting point in East Berlin at 2:00pm. Departs March 28 to October only.
Discover Berlin City Walking Tour
- Local guide
- City map, including information regarding public transport and the best of Berlin's museums and nightlife
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Berlin Transport AB Zone ticket (approx 2.10 Euros) that is available from your guide on the day, this is NOT necessary if you join the tour at the meeting point in East Berlin
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
See the sights listed below:
- The Berlin Wall
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Nazi Air Ministry
- Brandenburg Gate
- Holocaust Memorial
- Reichstag Dome (new home of the Bundestag)
- Pariser Platz (and the new American Embassy)
- Museum Island and Pleasure Garden (Lustgarten)
- Bebelplatz, scene of Nazi Book burning
- Potsdamer Platz (21st century architectural marvels!)
- Unter den Linden
- Friedrichstrasse (1920s cabaret mile!)
- Russian Embassy
- War Memorial (Neue Wache)
- Royal Hunting Grounds (Tiergarten)
- Humboldt University
Reviewed by: George V, October 2014
This tour was conducted by Emily whom was not only a very pleasant person, but her knowledge of the Berlin and its history was very very impressive. This was one of the best tours that my wife and I have ever participated in and we have traveled extensively . A must for travelers to Berlin.
Reviewed by: Heidiho, September 2014
Great tour but our feet were sore after all that walking. Our guide was very well informed