If you love wine, you won't want to miss the chance to visit the famous Sonoma and Napa Valley wineries on a day trip from San Francisco! You'll taste wines from North America's premium wine country, learn how the wines are made, and enjoy lovely vistas of rolling hills dotted with vineyards!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
This wine tasting tour will take you from San Francisco to Napa and Sonoma regions for you to experience the finest wine in northern California. Once you reach the historic wine regions, you'll visit a mix of boutique and large-scale wineries, with approximately an hour of traveling between wineries.
The tour includes stops at the following locations:
Nicholson Ranch Winery (Sonoma)
The vineyards of the Nicholson Ranch is planted in one of the most prized grape-growing regions. This family-owned artisan winery produces premium grapes for Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Syrah.
Madonna Estate, Mt. St. John (Napa)
Located in the world-renowned Carneros region, the Bartolucci family has found success with their organically grown grapes and Estate Bottled wines. In addition to practicing natural farming methods, they also combine traditional and modern winemaking techniques.
Lunch in Yountville at V Marketplace (Yountville)
Once known as "Vintage 1870," V Marketplace offers specialty boutiques, galleries and restaurants, a wine tasting cellar, all located within and around this historic, 140 year-old Groezinger Winery complex.
Sutter Home (Napa)
Established in the late 1800s, Sutter Home has become a household name for its creation of White Zinfandel in the early 1970s. It has become the second largest, independent family-run winery in the United States.
Please note: Winery locations and itinerary may change due to traffic or a previously booked special event at the location.
Special Offer! - In San Francisco during midweek? Travel Monday through Thursday and save over 15% on recommended retail rate on all bookings received by June 30! - Book Now!
Napa Valley, Califormia
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located San Francisco hotels and airport hotels.
Please note, the following Fisherman's Wharf hotels are all within 2 blocks walking distance of the tour departure point. If you are staying at any of these hotels please make your own way to the Fisherman's Wharf departure point:
- Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf Express (550 Northpoint St)
- Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf (555 Northpoint St)
- Tuscan Inn (125 Northpoint St)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Napa Valley Wine Country
- Guided tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Wine tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. The driver is not permitted to assist handicapped persons due to insurance restrictions
- Buses are air-conditioned and the size of the bus depends on the number of passengers booked for that particular day. There are 48, 28, 39, 47 and 50 seat vehicles
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 21 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.