Best National Gallery of Art Small-Group Walking Tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by an art historian
Touring the gallery with an art historian/ expert guide provides you with unique perspectives on the art, as well as an understanding about what it takes to create a national collection and how this collection has evolved over 70 years. Learn about the philanthropy of the arts in the early 20th century, and see portraits of the gallery’s earliest benefactors. These generous individuals had vision – the vision to bring to the United States a prominent collection comparable to other national collections at the Louvre in Paris and the National Gallery in London. Decide for yourself if that vision was achieved!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
USD $70.29Pricing details
Tour departs at 2pm
USD $75.00Pricing details
National Gallery of Art Small-Group Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour - no more than 6 people!
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking is allowed
- Minimum age is 13 years
Reviewed by: david h, June 2015
The guide was the best. I had studied various painting prior to trip. The guide who has a PhDs in art made this 3 hour your seem like an hour. Benjamin deserves praise
Reviewed by: Ira L, April 2014
Our tour guide, Abram Fox, is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He brings insight and interest to what might have appeared "only" to be paint on canvases. He provided a historical timeline for the art we viewed, presenting it in an evolutionary manner that completely added to our enjoyment.
This is definitely the way to see an art gallery.