Skip the Line Vatican Museums Walking Tour with Spanish-Speaking Guide: Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica
Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour
Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a seemingly never-ending corridor adorned with intricately detailed Italian maps. Pass through the Gallery of Candelabras, seeing ancient sculptures and opulent candelabras from Imperial villas, and wander through Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard to pose for pictures in front of the bronze Pigna statue.
Amble through Raphael’s Rooms, marveling at the interconnecting galleries that showcase the artistic genius of Raphael, and then enter the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel – the crowning glory of any visit to the Vatican. Gaze up at Michelangelo’s famous The Creation of Adam ceiling fresco, see The Last Judgement on the chapel’s back wall and absorb the sacred ambiance of the pope’s private chapel.
Your tour finishes with a visit to St Peter’s Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church, where more artistic masterpieces await. See La Pieta, a stunning Michelangelo sculpture created by the artist when he was just 24, and admire Bernini’s Baldachino – the ornate bronze canopy that sits above St Peter’s high altar. Bid your guide farewell and take a stroll through St Peter’s Square if you wish.
Upgrade to the private tour and see the sights of the Vatican Museums (as detailed above) with your very own private guide! If you have a special interest in certain pieces of art, or different historical or religious events, simply let your guide know! Your itinerary is flexible and can be tailored to your interests.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
10am or 2:30pm - Private departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entrance fee
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entry
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- Pre-booking this ticket enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date
- We are unable to accommodate other entrance times. Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives late cannot be accommodated
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list any affected dates as they become available. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
- When our tour is over will we be able to visit St. Peter's Basilica or the grottos or dome? Absolutely. Our tours end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's, or climb to the dome. Your guide will happily point you in the right direction!
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering Vatican Museum. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour.
Reviewed by: vhbedoya, Ecuador, June 2015
Knowing the place where are the rests of Saint Peter Jesus apostol and Juan Pablo II and where the Pope Francisco lives is very excited and full of art and history. Excellent tour.
Reviewed by: ALFREDO L, June 2015
Muy bien todo, puntualidad, organización, amabilidad de Valentina. A todo caso esperábamos un contenido con más explicaciones sobre el arte.