Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Next, you'll visit St Peter's Basilica to admire the famous artworks by Michelangelo and Bernini, where your private walking tour concludes.
This in-depth private tour of the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance.
- between 9am - 11pm
- between 2pm - 3pm
- at 7pm
Please include a preferred time at time of booking. The closest available time will be allocated. You must call 24-48 hours prior to travel to reconfirm exact meeting time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs between 9:00am & 11:00am
Departs between 2pm & 3pm
Departs at 7pm
Fresco inside Vatican Museum
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Evening Tours: St Peter's Basilica is closed during the evenings. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please select the Morning or Afternoon Tours as your travel date
Reviewed by: Pradeep S, July 2015
Blanch is fabulous--we highly recommend this private tour with the local company/Viator. We were in Rome with my 70 year old mom who has had knee surgeries and my 6 year old kid who refuses to walk over two miles daily. I was really worried about the Vatican tour. Our Louvre experience was poor when were in Paris. My mom had a wheel chair there but my husband kept lifting it over 100s of steps so she decided that she would do the Vatican without the wheelchair. I was nervous but fortunately it was a private tour and Blanch seemed very accommodating. She initially changed the time of the tour from morning to evening but it turned out to be more pleasant as there was not AC in the museum. Fortunately, to our surprise the elevators were functionally and my mom did not have to climb more than one little staircase. She walked slowly but Blanch was very patient and my 6 year old kid quickly bonded with her, holding her finger through the tour. The tour itself was fantastic and the Sistine Chapel was practically empty. We all stayed there for over 40 minutes and we found a place to sit down on the side benches--enjoying the beautiful ceiling and walls. Later Blanch waited for us and found a taxi that would take us back to our hotel--at that time of the day --taxi was not easy to find.
Reviewed by: Robert B, June 2015