Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Starts at 10am
USD $112.73Pricing details
Starts at 2:30pm
USD $112.73Pricing details
Skip the Line: Private Vatican Museums Walking Tour
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Private guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability.
- This ticket enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. All visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- Tours departing Wednesday: there is the possibility that you will be unable to include St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square. This is due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica could be closed. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. If you would prefer a ticket with guaranteed access to St Peter's Basilica and the square, do not select Wednesday as your travel date
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, the full 3-hour tour is spent inside the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Your guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. No refunds or discounts will be issued
- Wheelchairs can be taken on this tour. If assistance is required, you must provide your own carer
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, please avoid bringing backpacks on this tour
Reviewed by: John N, October 2015
I did not know that I had booked a private tour but I think this is the only way to tour the Vatican. Our guide took the time to explain everything prior to showing it to us. Private tour was not much more money but enhanced the experience 100.
Reviewed by: Denise P, September 2015
This was a very great tour. The group was limited to our party of five and the guide was absolutely great. She really explained so much about the art , artists and the Vatican itself. This tour was a highlight of our trip and would not recommend visiting the Vatican museums any other way. It was worth the cost just to skip the very long line to enter!