Select a datex
An independent round-trip tour from Rome to Pompeii by air-conditioned coach. It's the best way to arrange a do-it-yourself tour of Pompeii from Rome. When you get to Pompeii, you can tour the site independently or take one of the guided group tours departing from the entrance to the site (additional cost, payable direct).
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
Despite wars waged on its soils, assaults by earthquakes and a volcano eruption 19 centuries ago, Pompeii remains a vibrant, well-preserved and accessible destination. As you wander from mosaic to monument, and temple to theater, you'll step back in time and imagine daily life in this legendary city. To help you navigate your way around the site, remember that all paths begin and end with beautiful frescoes depicting scenes from daily life in ancient Pompeii.
The trip from Rome to Pompeii takes three and a half hours. Note, you'll board the shuttle for your return journey at 3:30pm, arriving back in Rome at around 7pm.
Explore the mysteries of Pompeii!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Central Rome
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Return shuttle service from Rome to Pompeii
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or mini bus for small groups
- English speaking hostess on board the shuttle
- Pompeii books on board for you to read and learn about the sites
- All entrance fees
- Optional gratuity
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- There is no toilet onboard the bus, however a 10 - 15 minute stop is made en route.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- It is not possible to stay overnight in Pompeii and return to Rome the following day as shuttle services do not run daily.
This tour requires a minimum number of 15 people to operate. There is a possibility that the tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be provided with an alternative date or receive a full refund.
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 6 - 12 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.