Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome with Dutch-Speaking Guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Far from the chaotic city traffic, the tour route takes you through gardens and up a few hills so you can get the best views in town. Your arms and legs may be quite worn out by the end of the tour, but you’ll find that it is all worth it for the perfect Roman view. You’ll pedal through and around many exceptional places including:
- Trajan's Thermal Baths
- Circus Maximus (panoramic view of the Palatine Hill)
- Aventino Hill and the Garden of the Oranges (the romantic view of Rome)
- Bocca della Verita' Square
- Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Janiculum (the main view of Rome)
- St Peter's Square and Basilica
- Castel Sant'Angelo (Mauseleum of Hadrian)
- Via de' Coronari
- Navona Square
- Largo di Torre Argentina
- Jewish Ghetto
- Theater of Marcellus
- Capitoline Hill (panoramic view of the Roman Forum)
You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 kilometers). The ride is leisurely, but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
3:30pm: April 1 - October 25
1pm: October 26 - December 31
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Local guide
- A rain coat (if necessary)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 Km); the ride is leisurely but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
Reviewed by: Corine L, August 2011
Really enjoyed this biketour!!! Consider it as one of my highlights of visiting Rome. Such a great way to see the city, many beautiful views and Emanuele made us a lot wiser about the interesting sights that Rome has to offer. So you also learn something about the history that is all over this town. Love to do the city by bike that's for sure, less tiresome than walking and you can see more. We saw a lot off highlights! The traffic was ok, no troubles at all, probably because the itinerary was well chosen. It felt so relaxing.
And I did like the little climbing (Rome is build on 7 hills), nice and sportive and afterwards enjoy the awesome views. Worth the energy, for sure. The biketour was not hard at all, just a view nice hills to conquer, but for the rest really relaxing and calm (which is quite impressive for a city like Rome). Can recommend this tour to anyone, you are active, get to know something about Rome and see the most beautiful sceneries along the way.
Reviewed by: Krystal H, September 2011
this tour was awesome. HOWEVER, if you are not in physical shape of any kind then this is NOT the tour for you. we biked up several steep hills and if i had known i would be doing that in 90 degree weather i wouldve passed. it's a great tour but very exhausting if you dont work out reguarly. this is not a leisure ride and i run 5mi 2-3x a wk.