Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour with Dutch-Speaking Guide
This small-group Rome bike tour is limited to twelve people, ensuring you receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
You’ll follow your local guide along the Appian Way and through the countryside, passing many old tombs, walls, baths and ruins.
Ancient Appian Way and Roman Countryside Bike Tour includes additional sights like:
- Trajan's Thermal baths
- Caracalla's Thermal baths
- S. Sebastian Door
- Aurelian Walls
- Ancient Appian Way
- Circus of Maxentius
- Tomb of Caecilia Metella
- Tombs and Tumulus Ruins
- Ninfeum of Villa Quintili
- Aqueduct Park (Claudius and Felix)
- Caffarella Park
- Ninfeum of Egeria
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 8:45am from June 1 to August 30
- 9am from Jan 1 to March 31 and October 26 to December 31
- 2pm from April 1 to May 30 and September 1 to October 25
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ancient Appian Way, Caffarella and Aqueducts Parks Bike Tour
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Rain coat (if necessary)
- Dutch speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- You will cover an area of approximately 19 miles (30 Km); the ride is leisurely but eventually will go uphill and off-road, so a medium level of fitness is recommended
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
Reviewed by: Hans Z, June 2015
Fantastic! One climb, the rest is downhill. For dutch a piece of cake used to bicycles, for others I cannot tell. No dangerous roads or crossings. We had to children in the group: no problem. The guide was very good.
Reviewed by: Carolyn, Australia, May 2012
We loved this bike ride, we had a lovely guide Matteao who explained so much to us about Rome and Italy, he was so patient with our many questions. The catacombs were interesting and the scenery was wonderful. We loved the stop at the country villa that made cheese. For someone who hasn't ridden a bike much, the 30km was a fairly easy ride. A pleasant change from the hussle and bustle of Rome. Would recommend this tour.