Versailles Walking Tour with Optional Fountain Show
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
Lunch is served at the restaurant "La Petite Venise" located in the palace park facing the beautiful Grand Canal.
In the afternoon you will continue with a guided visit of the Trianons which are vast mansion style lodges where Louis XV and Louis XVI liked to work and retire from court life. Take a discovery tour of the Queen's Hamlet where from 1783 Marie Antoinette played as a shepherdess.
Versailles Fountain Show Special Program:
April to October (Saturdays & Sundays) and mid-May to the end of June (Tuesdays). For a selected time you have the option to see the magnificent fountain displays, which reveal the skill and artistry of 3 centuries of French garden design and engineering. The display is accompanied by music composed at the time of Louis XIV's court. Entrance fees are included in the cost of the tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Walking Tour in English
Departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide,walking tour of Palace of Versailles and Royal Apartments,Groves (summer) or horse-drawn carriage ride (winter) and lunch at La Petite Venise restaurant
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch with drinks
- Conducted by a qualified guide-interpreter
- Versailles Fountain Show Special Program (approx. 8 Euros per adult)
- Royal Apartments plus Groves (summer) or a horse-drawn carriage ride (winter only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not accessible by wheelchair and requires a lot of walking.
Reviewed by: Jack Kennedy, USA, August 2014
For those never having previously been to Versailles this was a wonderful tour. The guide was kind and very informative. Having been there four times previous, I got to see far more on this specific tour than any other. I highly recommend the tour and the guide.
Reviewed by: Bernardo, July 2014
Knowing the castle and principal gardens its a good experience. The tour through the Trianons although a nice place to be, I would have prefer using that time to go to Giverny which is nearby to see the gardens that inspired Claude Monet's paintings.