Small-group WWI Somme Battlefields Day Trip from Paris
See the Australian flag flying over Poziere in recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC's in the battle that took place here during the battle of the Somme. This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm which you will also visit today.
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system. During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war. Return to your Paris hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Small group tour (maximum 16 participants)
- Admission to the Historial of the Great War in Péronne
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Be sure to arrive promptly for your tour. The group will not wait if you are late and if you miss the tour due to a delay, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Reviewed by: lois_holgate, March 2015
Amazing and informative day tour. Our guide was very approachable and was keen to share his knowledge about the battlefields. Certainly would recommend.
Reviewed by: Cepta B, January 2015
We had wonderful experience on the tour to the Somme battlefields. There were just four couples and the tour guide could not have been more helpful. He was extremely knowledgable about the First World War and brought the group to all the cemetries which were applicable to the countries of origin of each of the couples and walked with them to monuments and to find relative's graves. We visited two museums and had lunch in a lovely little café. It was also great to have been picked up and dropped off right at our front door. All in all a great day!