Paris' Pere LaChaise Gravestone Walking Tour
The graves of the famous dead include the American musician Jim Morrison, Irish author Oscar Wilde, and French writers Balzac and Proust. On your guided meander through this romantic labyrinth of stones, trees and paths, your guide will point out the famous graves and hidden eccentricities that make this famous cemetery so special.
Discover one of the greatest and most tragic love stories of all time - that of Heloise and Abelard, now buried side by side after long years of separation. As we pass Chopin’s tomb you can almost hear his best-known piece, the Funeral Dirge. We’ll also find the resting place of Molière, the famous French playwright.
Join us on this extraordinary tour of Paris Pere LaChaise and hear the stories of the great people buried in this very special cemetery.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
3pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm) from March 10, 2014
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pere LaChaise Paris
- Local guide
- Walking tour of Pere La Chaise cemetery
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
Reviewed by: sruzek, December 2014
Excellent guide who was knowledgeable and conveyed the history of how Pere LaChaise evolved. We passed many people trying to go through the cemetery with a small map that listed the locations of graves, and we were so glad we had decided to take this well guided tour rather than go on our own. One could spend days wandering around, and our guide selected routes that revealed information we would never have gotten otherwise. Terrific tour - excellent value.
Reviewed by: Meri D, November 2014
Great guide- fabulous tour- highly recommend