Private Tour: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
Just across from the Hippodrome, the Sultan Ahmet Mosque (also known as the Blue Mosque) is a superb creation in the classical Ottoman style. The mosque has six towering minarets and 260 windows illuminating its vast main chamber, which is decorated with more than 20,000 Iznik tiles.
One of the finest and largest architectural works of art in the world, this former basilica and mosque is now the Saint Sophia Museum. Many historians have nominated it as the 8th wonder of the world. Take a moment to linger here to admire the fine Byzantine mosaics.
The Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarayı), is the largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city of Istanbul. The cistern, located 500 feet (150m) southwest of the Hagia Sophia on the historical peninsula of Sarayburnu, was built in the 6th century during the reign of Byzantine Emperor Justinian I.
The largest and oldest palace in the world, Topkapi is the crown jewel of the Ottoman Empire. With its treasury and exotic buildings overlooking the Golden Horn, your visit to Topkapi promises to be a truly fascinating experience.
Hippodrome and Obelisk:
The Hippodrome was once the heart of Constantinople’s political and sporting life, and the scene of games and riots through 500 years of Ottoman history. Today it is a city park called the Horse Grounds (At Meydanı) because of its function in Ottoman times. The Hippodrome includes the 3500-year-old Egyptian granite Obelisk, brought to Constantinople by Emperor Theodosius in 390 AD.
In operation since the 14th century, the Grand Bazaar is one of the world's largest covered markets, with 58 streets and over 4,000 shops. The bazaar is specially known for its jewelry, leather, pottery, spices and carpets. (Closed on Sundays; additional time will be spent at the other locations.)
*On Mondays, when Hagia Sophia is closed, this visit will be replaced with a similar museum.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Blue Mosque, Istanbul
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to Harem Section in the Topkapi Palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- During religious holidays July 28, 29 and 30 and October 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2014 the Spice market and Grand Bazaar will be closed
- Customers booking this tour for shore excursions will not have time to visit the Basilica Cistern, due to the limited time in Istanbul
Reviewed by: Robert C, USA, July 2014
We were very pleased with this tour. Our guide, Omer, was wonderful. He was have knowledgeable about all the sights we were visiting and had great pride in his country. We also really enjoyed getting to know Omer and hearing about his life. We never felt rushed and were very fortunate to enjoy all the beautiful attractions in Istanbul.
Reviewed by: Franco, July 2014
The guide was a fountain of information and responded to all our questions thoroughly and with patience. Going on a private tour was excellent as my wife really can't keep the pace with the large "herd" approach of usual ship tours. We were met at the boat and dropped off there so it was convenient. Istanbul was worth the trip. There is so much history and our guide Aiden know it all and then some.