Private Tour: Bosphorus Cruise and Istanbul's Egyptian Bazaar
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Built in 1660 with the taxes collected from the trade of Egyptian herbs and spices, the exotically domed bazaar is filled with the enticing aromas of cinnamon, caraway, saffron, mint and thyme. Browse the stalls and compare the prices!
Built by Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror in 1452, the castle was built at the narrowest point of the Bosphorus in order to isolate the city of Istanbul, prior to its invasion in 1453. Following the fall of Istanbul, the north tower was used as a prison.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
USD $38.75Pricing details
Departs at 1pm
USD $38.75Pricing details
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- River cruise
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- During religious holidays July 28, 29 and 30 and October 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2014 the Spice market and Grand Bazaar will be closed.
Reviewed by: James H, March 2015
This was an exceptional tour and our guide, Gülay was amazing. She knew every detail, every date, and the full history of every landmark on the cruise. She guided us where to sit on the boat for the best view of everything. The length of the cruise was just right. Honestly, I enjoyed the Egyptian spice bazaar just at much. Our guide knew the booths to take us to that were reputable and had quality products. It was a leisurely afternoon. We stopped for lunch at a small place recommended by Gülay. It was tasty, quick, and very reasonably priced. I'm a woman, so my favorite part was the shopping and Gülay was great with knowing the best spots for what I was looking for and talking to those shop owners who were no English-speaking.
Reviewed by: Derek T, May 2014
This was a great day out and good value for money. Picked up from our local hotel and dropped back after the afternoon cruise and spice market visits.