West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Photo stop at Doune Castle
- Stop for refreshments in Callander or Kilmahog
- Scenic views of Loch Luibnaig, Loch Earn, Glen Ogle and Glen Dochart
- Lunch in Inveraray village (not included)
- Scotland's longest loch, Loch Awe, and the spectacular ruins of Kilchurn Castle, a stronghold of the Clan Campbell
- Inveraray, an 18th-century whitewashed village on the shores of Loch Fyne
- Inveraray Castle (only open April-October), the neo-Gothic Scottish baronial home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, with its 19th-century jail, museum ship and bell tower
- Loch Fyne, renowned for its fine seafood and views of oyster beds, salmon and trout farms
- Loch Long, with its history of Viking raiders
- Loch Lomond
- Luss, a conservation village with traditional estate workers cottages
- Photo stop at Stirling Castle
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Inverary Castle, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Reviewed by: Viliame S, April 2015
Excellent tour. Thoroughly enjoyed this day trip. Tour Guide, Mac was brilliant with his many historical facts and tales to add to the whole experience. I also appreciated how he cared for his country personally both in story-telling and being willing to keep Scotland clean and green through his own efforts.
Reviewed by: Rebecca H, April 2015
We were able to see some amazing areas and views that really showcased Scotland's natural beauty. Our guide as also fantastic. James was full of stories and facts about the history of Scotland as well as the country in modern times. It was obvious that he loves his country and his job. You couldn't have asked for a better guide.
The one disappointment may have been that the site advertised being able to see Inverary Castle when really all you could do was take a picture of the house through the fence from the far end of the drive. Overall though, I don't regret in the least taking this day trip. It was well worth the time and money.