Edinburgh Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Receive discounts at selected restaurants, shops and attractions
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Leave Stirling and travel past Doune Castle, Callander and into the Trossachs, where you'll listen to stories of Rob Roy MacGregor, often referred to as Scotland's Robin Hood. Have lunch outside the village of Aberfoyle (own expense), before you continue along the spectacular single-track road to Inversnaid.
On arrival in Inversnaid, home to a nature reserve owned by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, you'll have about 1 hour of free time to explore the area around Loch Lomond. Go on a guided walk, or enjoy a wee dram of whisky in the hotel while taking in the magnificent views of the loch.
Then relax on the drive back to the Edinburgh port.
This shore excursion is flexible and able to be personalized, depending on weather and other conditions. If you’d like to adjust the itinerary a bit, you may tell your driver/guide on the day of your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Edinburgh port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Edinburgh Shore Excursion: Small-Group Day Trip to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Discount card offering discounts at local restaurants, shops and attractions
- Transportation by modern Mercedes minivan with air conditioning (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- Tour operated by the first Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5-star status by the Scottish Tourist Board
Caring for the Environment:The tour operator aims to leave the legacy of Scotland's beautiful landscape for future generations to enjoy. The tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, but with the added benefit of reducing your carbon footprint by 75% (based on 2 persons traveling the same distance in their own car). The operator's commitment to environmental excellence has been recognized with 2 top Gold awards from the Green Tourism scheme and Keep Edinburgh Clean awards.