Da Vinci Code and Scottish Borders Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
Departing Edinburgh, you will head south to the world-famous Scott's View, with stunning views over the Tweed Valley and Eildon Hills. From here, you will travel to Melrose with the opportunity to explore its great Border abbey, founded by the Cistercians in the 12th century. The Cistercian monks had very close connections with the Knights Templar and Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart, brought back from the crusades in Moorish Spain.
Following lunch in Melrose you will make your way to the stunning 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, immortalized in The Da Vinci Code and an important site of beauty and history in its own right.
The tour includes a discount card, offering fantastic savings on top Edinburgh and Scotland visitor attractions, restaurants, pubs and shopping.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Melrose Abbey, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Discount Card offering discounts off local restaurants, shopping and attractions
- Modern Mercedes minivan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (discount card offers reductions)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
Reviewed by: Michael M, February 2016
Let me start by saying how appreciative I am of the way that Rabbie's does business. My wife and I were the only 2 people on this tour and they didn't cancel it. Their policy is that if they have a tour, and even one person pays for it, that tour is going to happen. That is customer service.
Our tour guide was Dougie. He was one of the very best tour guides we've ever had. Dougie is very knowledgable about the area and could answer any questions my wife or I asked. Since this was basically a private tour, we were able to discus anything we wanted to.
As for the tour itself, if you are into history this is a fabulous tour to take. Melrose Abby was beautiful. There is so much history there. Rosslyn Chapel was the highlight of my entire vacation. There was a girl there names Rene. She was our guide at the Chapel. She spent about an hour with us and answered every question we could think of. We couldn't get enough of it.
A long the way Dougie stopped everywhere that we wanted to take picture or get a closer look of. The restaurant that he recommended was fantastic as well. We couldn't get enough of this tour. It was difficult for he rest of our holiday to live up to this. Well done Rabbie's and Viator
Reviewed by: Karen C, January 2016
This was a wonderful opportunity to learn more history and visit parts of beautiful Scotland that we might have missed. Ewan B. was an entertaining and knowledgable guide.