Private Tour: Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
After visiting the pyramids, you'll then continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of the three pyramids rising from the sands, with the Cairo skyline in the background.
A short drive to the city side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx, for thousands of years the enigmatic symbol of Egypt. The Sphinx has the body of a lion and the head of a king, and is surrounded in mystery, including the unanswered questions: who built it and why.
In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to Giza Plateau
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to inside of the Pyramids (approximately EGP 40-100)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: ADRIAN S, September 2015
Pyramids and Sphinx are wonderful. Guide was brilliant. Excellent English speaking and very knowledgeable. Very good value all round.
Reviewed by: Kathryn W, September 2015
The Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx are one of those bucket list things that everyone talks about doing and that get a lot of hype. Let me tell you, they completely and totally live up to their reputation. I've wanted to visit them since I was six years old I was a precocious kid, and when you build something up for over a quarter century, it has to be pretty spectacular. The pyramids and the Sphinx are there's no way to describe how incredible it is to get to interact with ancient history on such an intimate level you can even climb inside the Great Pyramid, although be aware that it's pretty tight inside and a physically challenging climb. The tour takes you up close and personal and then out to a plateau with a view that makes you feel like you've stepped inside the pages of National Geographic. Our guide, Mahmoud, was incredibly friendly and knowledgable he took care of everything we needed and I would highly recommend requesting him specifically for your tour. A, can't recommend highly enough.