Private Tour: Egyptian Museum
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Housing 165,000 Egyptian artifacts, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo attracts millions of visitors each year. The highlight for most are the rooms containing the priceless treasures of King Tutankhamun. His 6 gold gilded coffins, each one smaller and more intricately decorated than the last, dominate the main hall, while his magnificent death mask is the must-see item of the day.
The Royal Mummies Room (additional cost) is another highlight of the Egyptian Museum. Here you can see the mummies of many great Egyptian rulers, including Ramses II, the builder of the temples at Abu Simbel. Throughout the rest of the museum you will find countless Egyptian artifacts dating back thousands of years. Your guide will introduce you to the most important pieces before allowing you free time to explore at leisure.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at the museum. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Egyptian Museum, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to The Egyptian Museum
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Carol Z, October 2014
Tour guide was excellent and very knowledgeable. He was friendly, well-informed, spoke very well. He was flexible and accommodated special needs of a baby.
Reviewed by: Frank H, June 2013
One of the best museums I have ever scene with a one of the best guides. A must!! I would have done this a few times if I had more time there. My Egyptoligist(Nader) was full of passion for history!