Private Tour: Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque, Khan el-Khalili
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
The Alabaster Mosque at the Citadel of Salah el-Din sits atop a limestone hill overlooking Cairo and is the most important mosque in the city. Still used as a place of worship today by the Muslims of Cairo, the architectural masterpiece opens its doors to visitors of all faiths. The lower part of the Mosque is clad inside and out with Alabaster, while the top part is constructed from the limestone cladding removed from the Pyramids of Giza.Inside the mosque your guide will introduce you to the basics of the beliefs of Islam, including a translation of the most common prayers.
Continuing to Khan el Khalili bazaar, your guide will give you an introduction to the famous markets which claim to have inspired Christopher Columbus to discover the USA. Enjoy free time to stroll through the maze of streets and try your luck bargaining with the shop owners for a souvenir of your trip to Egypt. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private tour to Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque, Khan el-Khalili with Egyptologist guide. Includes pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
USD $66.00Pricing details
Tour & Lunch
Private tour to Egyptian Museum, Alabaster Mosque, Khan el-Khalili with Egyptologist guide. Includes lunch; pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
USD $81.00Pricing details
Alabaster Mosque, Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to Egyptian Museum
- Entrance to Citadel of Salah el-Din
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Royal Mummies Room at the Egyptian Museum (approximately EGP100.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Reviewed by: Allan Kenneth H, December 2015
The guide that we had was great. Very accommodating and full of lots of information. He suggested a couple of other places also hat were great.
Reviewed by: monica w, November 2015
Wonderfully patient and very knowledgeable guide.