This exclusive Big Island helicopter tour includes not only wonderful views of Hawaii’s famous volcanoes, but also a private landing in a secluded location so you can enjoy your own piece of paradise! The three-hour adventure starts with a flight over Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Kilauea is one of the most active volcanoes on the planet and often spews lava from its crater. If you’re lucky, you just may see it! Then fly north to the lush Kohala Coast, where you will land in a remote area and enjoy your own private paradise for an hour.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Scenic helicopter flight
Take an unforgettable journey over the Big Island of Hawaii on this helicopter adventure. Take off from Kona in a six-passenger Bell 407 luxury helicopter and enjoy the panoramic views from oversized sliding windows. With two-way radio communication, you’ll listen to expert commentary from your pilot and be able to ask any questions you have as you fly.
You’ll head to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and soar over Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes. Keep your eyes peeled for flowing lava and marvel at the intensity of this natural wonder. Fly over the site of the volcano’s latest eruption, where you can admire the amazing power of Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes who is believed to live in a section of Kilauea.
You’ll then fly to a remote section of the island and enjoy a private landing. You’ll have about an hour of free time at this secluded location, where you can unwind and bask in your own piece of paradise.
Special Offer! -
Fly Over the Big Island's Volcanoes
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Heliport at Kona International Airport
- We have multiple departure times to suit your sightseeing schedule.
Return Details:Tour returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 7:30am
Departs at 7:30am. Preferred seating guarantees a window seat.
Departs at 10:30am
Departs at 10:30am. Preferred seating guarantees a window seat.
- Helicopter tour
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 250-300lbs (113 kg-135 kg) must pay a $50 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing over 300 lbs (135 kg) will be assessed a capacity fee of 1/2 of 1 fare at regular price. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- All guests weighing 350 lbs (158 kg) and up are required to buy 2 seats. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- Helicopter holds 4 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.