Small-Group Tour: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Evening Lava Adventure
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kona / Waikoloa Departure
Tour departs from Kona in the morning; please contact local operator to confirm departure time; departure time is typically 10am - 11am; hotel pickup included
USD $186.46Pricing details
Tour from Hilo
Tour departs from Hilo; please contact local operator to confirm departure time; departure time is typically 1pm; no hotel pickup included
USD $186.46Pricing details
- Entrance fees
- Military-grade LED flashlights
- Walking sticks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kona / Waikoloa (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Lunch (Kona only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Hilo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Sturdy walking shoes are recommended
- Red lava cannot be guaranteed on this tour. Walking distances and viewing opportunities will vary depending on volcanic activity, which changes constantly. Federal, state or county officials may close or open the lava viewing area at any time depending on conditions and hazards present. Every attempt is made to get as safely as possible to the lava viewing area and tours depart whether the area is currently open or closed as conditions do change constantly.
- The drive from Kona to Hilo is approximately 2.5 hours each way with stops along the way.
- Itinerary may be altered due to weather or volcanic activity.
Choice of included beverage
- Iced tea, hot tea or coffee
Choice of one main course:
- Grilled herb chicken, served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed local kale, and a lemon macadamia nut butter sauce
- Coconut-crusted fried Mahi Mahi with jasmine rice, stir-fried bok choy, and a ginger mango sauce
- Island tofu and vegetable stir fry, served with coconut jasmine rice and fresh pineapple
- Hot dog: all-beef frank on a Punalu'u Bake Shop roll, served with french fries
- Pasta: Waimea tomato marinara sauce or butter and cheese
- Pizza: pepperoni or three cheese
Reviewed by: Nancy C, September 2015
We loved it! Our tour guide Robin was awesome and we felt lucky to be in her van.
The night Glow is a once in a lifetime experience. Don't miss it!
Rebecca, Nancy, Alex and Deborah from Santa Fe and Dallas.
Reviewed by: Kenneth C, August 2015
This tour was excellent. We would never have seen all that we did had we tried to do this trip on our own. Zane was the best tour guide ever. He attended to our every need. He is very knowledgeable about the Island and we came away knowing about the Island's history and especially about mother volcano. We would highly recommend this tour.