Floating Markets and Rose Garden Cultural Center Day Tour from Bangkok
This guided journey commences with a leisurely drive out of Bangkok, passing through salt fields and rice paddies, before embarking aboard your long tail speed-boat on your journey to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. The trip to the floating markets are a very popular option for so many tourists to Thailand, as it is a showcase of Thai style canoes laden with colorful and succulent fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats - all gently plying their way through the canal, selling as they go. If you want to take a closer look your local Thai guide will help you organize a local boat ride through the markets (optional extra).
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
It is then off to The Rose Garden Cultural Center by coach, where you will see local Thai villagers creating traditional village handicrafts. All sorts of skills are on display including; silk-weaving, pottery-making, umbrella-painting, Khon mask masking, mat weaving, doll making, fruit carving, garland-making, rice-pounding and even the delicate crafting of silver and laquerware.
There are also impressive displays of authentic Thai period costumes, a chance to see busy, typical Thai market, different styles of Thai Houses (from both the North to South regions of Thailand) and an intriguing display of Thai antiques from various parts of the country. The village offers a potpourri of different Thai cultural activities that also include Muay Thai boxing, sword fighting, Thai dances, elephants at work and much, much more.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- River cruise to the floating markets
- Entrance to the Rose Garden Cultural Center
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
Reviewed by: Cheryl T, May 2015
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: Sana A, January 2015
The floating markets were really something else. This was my favorite tour in Bangkok