Floating Markets and Rose Garden Cultural Center Day Tour from Bangkok
This guided journey commences with a leisurely drive out of Bangkok, passing through salt fields and rice paddies, before embarking aboard your long tail speed-boat on your journey to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. The trip to the floating markets are a very popular option for so many tourists to Thailand, as it is a showcase of Thai style canoes laden with colorful and succulent fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats - all gently plying their way through the canal, selling as they go. If you want to take a closer look your local Thai guide will help you organize a local boat ride through the markets (optional extra).
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
It is then off to The Rose Garden Cultural Center by coach, where you will see local Thai villagers creating traditional village handicrafts. All sorts of skills are on display including; silk-weaving, pottery-making, umbrella-painting, Khon mask masking, mat weaving, doll making, fruit carving, garland-making, rice-pounding and even the delicate crafting of silver and laquerware.
There are also impressive displays of authentic Thai period costumes, a chance to see busy, typical Thai market, different styles of Thai Houses (from both the North to South regions of Thailand) and an intriguing display of Thai antiques from various parts of the country. The village offers a potpourri of different Thai cultural activities that also include Muay Thai boxing, sword fighting, Thai dances, elephants at work and much, much more.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- River cruise to the floating markets
- Entrance to the Rose Garden Cultural Center
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Reviewed by: Divya, Singapore, July 2015
This is an excellent family friendly tour but has an early start! After breakfast, we 2 adults 1 baby were greeted at our hotel lobby by Ms Dana who is by the way a very warm, friendly and helpful tour guide. She speaks excellent English and bonded immediately with our little baby. We were escorted to a mini van and we were the only guests on this tour so it was like a private VIP tour. Our driver was very pleasant and quiet and followed Ms Dana's instructions in Thai. After leaving the hotel, we drove for an hour until we reached the Orchid Farm. It is more of a conservatory rather than a farm. There are quite a few shops and a food court. We spent half an hour here and had our photos taken and made on orchid plates. We then headed to the Elephant Farm. We were asked if we wanted to go on the Elephant Ride to the Jungle and back but as the prices were quite steep, we decided not to go ahead. We returned to the van and drove on. We were asked if we wanted to stop at the Handicraft market but decided not to as it was getting rather hot. We then drove on until we reached the Rose Garden. It takes about 2.5 hours to drive there from our hotel on the Chao Phraya River. The Rose Garden itself was a little bit of a disappointment as there were no roses in sight. However, the buffet lunch at the restaurant was scrumptious and Ms Dana had reserved a table overlooking the river. The lunch options are quite good however not many vegetarian options. We then went to the spa next door for a 30 minutes massage as we had some time to kill before the elephant show and cultural show. The massages were excellent and very relaxing. Ms Dana then came to meet us and escort us to the elephant show. Our little one loved the elephant show and was so excited. We then moved onto the cultural show in the theatre and again, our little one was delighted. The cultural show was authentic and traditional. After the shows, we were driven back to our hotel. It was a very safe and comfy trip. 5s
Reviewed by: Cheryl T, May 2015
This tour was amazing!