Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Trip from Athens
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
The view across the Aegean is magnificent, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffito left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s.
This is a great half-day tour option if you're looking to explore Greece beyond Athens, complete with stunning views and world-class Greek ruins.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
2:15pm (November to March)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounion Greece
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: tina, December 2014
Excellent tour very informative guide
Reviewed by: Jorge A, December 2014
The tour was very easy-going and informative. The guide was nice and talked to us about Greece, the history, the language all the way and back to Athens. The Cape Sounion is absolutely amazing, the temple itself is very well kept and the views are awesome. The sunset over the sea is memorable. Excellent tour for a quick trip outside Athens.