Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Trip from Athens
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All entrance fees included
The view across the Aegean is magnificent, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffito left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s.
This is a great half-day tour option if you're looking to explore Greece beyond Athens, complete with stunning views and world-class Greek ruins.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
2:15pm (November to March)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounion Greece
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Reviewed by: Christine K, April 2015
The drive to Cape Sounion is very beautiful and the Temple of Poseidon is just stunning. The views from it are just breathtaking.
Reviewed by: George F, January 2015
Great trip. The Temple was amazing and the Guide did a great job.