Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Watch out for Panathenaic Stadium — site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 — and then relax as your coach drives along Panepistimiou, home to Athens’ National Library and the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens, known locally as ‘Mitropoli.’
After seeing the highlights of modern Athens, step back in time with a tour of the city’s past. Visit the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, and then stop at Athens’ crowning glory: the Acropolis of Athens. Built on a rocky hill towering above the city, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed acropolis comprises a cluster of ancient buildings that once collectively acted as a fortress. Each building was created to reflect the splendor and wealth of Athens during the 5th century.
Highlights of the acropolis include the famous Parthenon temple, Propylaea gateway and Temple of Athena Nike, a monument built to represent Athens’ ambition as the most powerful Greek city. After spending time at leisure at the acropolis, make your way back to the start point by coach.
Morning Tour plus Museum: (5 hours)
Upgrade from the morning tour to include an entrance ticket to Athens Acropolis Museum, and head inside the intriguing attraction after your tour finishes. Head inside to browse the museum’s artifacts and relics independently, and see statues from the Archaic period alongside some 4,000 other exhibits. The Parthenon Hall is also a highlight, and it complements your earlier visit to the temple with historical facts.
Your entrance ticket allows you to spend as long as you like inside the museum, however most people find two hours (after your 3.5-hour tour finishes) to be sufficient.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
3.5 - 5 hours
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Tour Only
Tour excluding entrance to the Acropolis Museum. Starts at 8:30am and lasts 3.5 hours
USD $62.80Pricing details
Afternoon Tour Only
Tour excluding entrance to the Acropolis Museum. Starts at 3pm and lasts 3.5 hours
USD $62.80Pricing details
Morning Tour plus Museum
Tour including entrance to the Acropolis Museum. Starts at 8:30am and lasts roughly 5 hours
USD $77.65Pricing details
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis of Athens
- Entrance fee to Athens Acropolis Museum (if option selected)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Port pick up is not available
- Athens Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays; instead you will visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus from the outside
- Due to time limitations this tour does not include entry to the Temple of Olympian Zeus
Reviewed by: celinabydesign, October 2015
Reviewed by: NICHOLAS W, September 2015
great time thanks