4-Day Classical Greece Tour: Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora
Book and travel by March 31, 2015 and you will enjoy 4 Star Accommodation for the price of 3 Star Accommodation
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Leave Athens behind and head west to Corinth Canal - your first stop of the day! Linking the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf, the canal is narrow, and the ancient ships that once passed through have been replaced with bungee jumpers. After exploring, continue on to Mycenae for a walking tour. Learn about the development of Classical Greek culture as you walk through this fascinating archeological site.
After lunch (own expense) in Mycenae, travel to Epidaurus for a tour of its archaeological site, stopping to see the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios (shrine to the Greek god of medicine). Contine to Nauplia - a pretty seaport town - where you'll have the evening to spend at leisure.
Overnight: Amalia (4-star hotel) in Nauplia
Day 2: Nauplia - Olympia - Antirion - Delphi (B, D)
After breakfast, set off with your guide by luxury coach, and visit the Archeological Site of Olympia. Home to the Atlis (Sanctuary of the Gods), the site was a mecca for ancient Greeks who came here to worship Zeus. See incredible ruins like the Stadium of Olympia, where the country’s ancient Olympic Games were held.
In the afternoon, board your coach for a scenic drive to Antirion, passing the towns of Patras. Cross over the Rion-Antirion Bridge - considered a landmark of 21st-century Greece - and then sightsee independently in Antirion and the nearby town of Nafpaktos. Finish your day with a relaxing meal at your hotel in Delphi.
Overnight: Parnassos or Hermes (3-star), or Amalia (4-star) in Delphi
Day 3: Delphi - Kalambakka (B, D)
Rise early and meet your guide to explore Delphi - one of the most important archeological digs in Europe. As you walk around this stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site with your guide, see monuments like the Sanctuary of Athena.
Head inside the Delphi Archeological Museum and encounter numerous artifacts and relics that date back to 15th century BC. Watch out for the Charioteer of Delphi and the intriguing Sphinx of Naxos. After spending most of your day in Delphi, head to Kalambakka by coach, traveling through the eye-catching towns of Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala. Enjoy dinner at your hotel and then relax at leisure.
Overnight: 4-star or 3-star hotel in central Kalambakka
Day 4: Kalambakka - Meteora - Athens (B)
Leave your hotel to visit the rock towers of Meteora - incredible sandstone peaks topped with 11th-century monasteries. With your guide, make your way up the walking trails to visit these monasteries, enjoying breathtaking panoramic views from the top.
After spending the morning exploring Meteora, head back to Athens by coach, stopping in the town of Thermopylae and at Kamena Voural hot springs. Arrive back in Athens at approximately 7pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
First Class Accommodation
4-Day trip to Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora with accommodation in a first class hotel
Tourist Class Accommodation
4-Day trip to Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora with accommodation in a tourist class hotel
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 3 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Every effort is made to use superior class hotels, as classified by the Greek Government. In smaller towns where no first class hotels are available, the best hotels existing is used. All the hotels used on this tour have private facilities.
- Note that overnight on Day 1 may sometimes be in Olympia instead of Nauplia.
- 3-star hotels are subject to change.
- A maximum of 3 people per booking
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility problems
Reviewed by: athenalaiyk, December 2014
Lovely tour. The sights, the guide, the food, the hotels. Thank you. Will be back for a cruise down the Aegean soon, I hope!
Reviewed by: Siobhan, December 2014
This was the best tour I have ever been on. Our tour guide Joy was fantastic. She did an outstanding job explaining what happened in all the different areas within Greece and how they tie into the mythological stories. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!