Jail and Sail: Alcatraz Tour and Sunset Bay Cruise
The tour package includes guaranteed Alcatraz tickets and entry on the award-winning audio tour of the prison, as well as a hearty appetizer buffet and complimentary drink on board the cruise.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
While on the Island, take the time to explore the historic gardens and abundant wildlife, including Brandt’s cormorants, Canada geese and several species of songbirds. Ferries back to the mainland depart every half an hour, and the recommended visiting time to Alcatraz is 2.5 hours to 3 hours.
Upon your return to Pier 33, stroll for 0.6 miles (1km) along San Francisco's picturesque waterfront to reach bustling Fisherman's Wharf, the departure point for your sunset bay cruise. On this relaxed two-hour cruise you will enjoy spectacular sunset views and delicious appetizers to the sound of live guitar music. Informative commentary will be provided by the ship's captain as you cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge and uncover all the major sights of the bay. Enjoy views from the outer decks, or stay warm against the crisp sea-breezes inside the spacious interior decks.
Don't forget to bring a camera to capture the moment the sun sets behind the Golden Gate Bridge to cap a memorable afternoon and evening of 'Jail and Sail' in San Francisco!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Twilight cruise: Pier 43 1/2, San Francisco
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1pm Alcatraz Ferry and 6pm Sunset Cruise
12pm, 12:30pm or 1pm Alcatraz Ferry and 7pm Sunset Cruise. Alcatraz ferry time will be confirmed upon ticket collection
Alcatraz Ferry at 12pm, 12:30pm or 1pm (Sept 3 - Oct 20) or 1:05pm (Oct 21 - Nov 3); and 6pm Sunset Cruise. Alcatraz ferry time will be confirmed upon ticket collection
Alcatraz Ferry at 1pm (Mar 10-31) or 1:05pm (Nov 4-Mar 9); and 5:30pm Twilight Cruise. Please note: Alcatraz Ferry at 12:30pm on Dec 4-6, 12-13, & 19; at 11:30am on Dec 20-21; at 10am on Dec 22
- Return ferry and admission to Alcatraz Island ($30 value)
- Audio Tour of Alcatraz prison
- San Francisco Bay Twilight Cruise includes light appetizers and one drink ticket per person (wine, beer, soda)
- All taxes, fees and gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport from Pier 33 (Alcatraz departure point) to Pier 43 1/2 for Twilight Cruise
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 60 days of travel between March 1 and September 30. During this high-demand period, confirmation will be received within 10 business days of booking, subject to availability
- Photo ID is required for collection of Alcatraz tickets
- Twilight cruise boat features multiple decks for viewings, cash bar for additional beverages and restrooms. Cruise boat is motorized and is not a sailing vessel
Reviewed by: GIUSEPPA C, April 2015
great tour, great staff and great food !
Reviewed by: Aurora V, April 2015
The Sunset Bay Cruise was our favorite part! The vessel itself was nice and the staff were incredibly friendly. We got amazing views and pictures at sunset with the Golden Gate Bridge. The appetizers they provided were also pretty good: fruit, veggies, sandwiches nothing too spectacular but nice. I must say that their home-made brownies and chocolate chip cookies were out of this world! They asked if we wanted to take some to go, we kindly declined but just them asking was very nice. Alcatraz was informative and special. I would book a tour with Viator again