Select a datex
Explore legendary Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius, the only active volcano in continental Europe, on a full-day guided tour from Naples. It's a trip not to be missed by any visitor to this region of Italy and includes both a guided tour of Pompeii's haunting ruins and a climb to the smoking summit of volcanic Mt Vesuvius.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Taking a guided tour is the best way to experience the enigmatic ruins of Pompeii, the largest archaeological site in Europe. Your guided tour of Pompeii (approximately two hours) takes you to the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the Lupanare brothel, buried by volcanic ashes from the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D.
After a break for an hour to enjoy a pizza lunch, you'll then board your coach to transfer to Mt. Vesuvius, to view first-hand the source of the devastation that destroyed the city of Pompeii almost two thousand years ago.
You can choose to climb Mt, Vesuvius (approximately 45 minutes), accompanied by your guide, and walk around the crater at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters). From the summit you'll have panoramic views of the picturesque Bay of Naples from east to west. Peering down into the depths of the crater, you may see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano.
A medium to high level of fitness is required to complete the climb. Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes! There is a rest point where you can choose to wait for your group if you do not wish to climb all the way to the top.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departure Point:Your chosen option
- 10:15am - 10:30am depending on option selected
Return Details:Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Arriving in Naples by train, the pickup point is just outside the railway station on the left of the Star Hotel Terminus at 10:30am.The driver will display a sign with the lead traveler's name on it
Tour will commence upon pickup at your hotel in Naples, Hotel pickups commence prior to 10:15am, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Crater of Mt Vesuvius, Italy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pizza with drink
- Entrance fee Pompeii (11 euros)
- Entrance fee Mt Vesuvius (10 euros)
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Walking shoes and a coat are recommended when climbing Vesuvius
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.