Teotihuacan Pyramids and Shrine of Guadalupe
Book with us and save 8% compared to another travel site!
Experience the ancient City of the Gods on a visit to the archaeological site of Teotihuacan. Your full day guided tour will highlight the complexities of Aztec treasures. You'll have the opportunity to climb the magnificent Pyramids of the Sun and Moon and see the Butterflies Temple, the Avenue of the Dead and the Temple of Quetzalcoatl. Book now for a step back in time that you'll never forget!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Few cities in the world have been considered worthy of being inhabited by Gods but Teotihuacan is such a city. Thousands of years of civilization, which today can still be felt along its wide avenues projecting out towards the cardinal points of the universe had to pass before this place could be elevated to the ranks of a mythical city.
This half day tour will take you to the archaeological site of Teotihuacan, which is one of the most impressive sites of the Aztec World. Located only one hour outside of Mexico City, you'll have the chance to see the complexities of Aztec treasures.
You'll also visit the Shrine of our Lady of Guadalupe, the most visited religious site in Latin America. Built in the 16th Century, this Shrine is a wonderful example of Spanish Baroque Art. In 1531, a 'Lady from Heaven' appeared to a poor Indian at Tepeyac, a hill northwest of Mexico City. She identified herself as the Mother of the True God, instructed him to have the bishop build a temple on the site and left an image of herself imprinted miraculously on his tilma.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour commences with pick-up from your downtown Mexico City hotels
Tour returns at approx. 7pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Teotihuacan tour only. Does not include lunch
Tour with Lunch
Teotihuacan tour with lunch
- Entrance to the archaeological site
- Professional and bilingual tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop off from downtown Mexico City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Note: Access to some temples may be unavailable at any given time due to research within the site
- Important: Itinerary is subject to change during holidays and special occasions. Please kindly contact the local tour operator for information and confirmation
Soup of the Day (choose one):
- Aztec Soup (tortilla, cheese, cream, avocado and pepper)
- Teotihuacan Soup (cactus, mushroom and pumpkin flower)
- Teotihuacan Grill (slices of steak, chicken, pork, cactus, onions, cheese, sausage and Mexican salsa)
- Grilled steak
- Grilled chicken
- Fried tacos
- Tomato enchiladas
Reviewed by: Joseph D, February 2015
What a great trip. Frank was an excellent tour guide, and made the experience very worthwhile. I loved every minute of this trip!!!
Reviewed by: GustavoBSP, February 2015
Teotihucan (specially the pyramids) is a very impressive site, that shows us how its builders had a vast knowledge of engineering, astronomy, and many other sciences! The Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe is a place to admire one of the most important pilgrimage sites of catholicism and the faith of mexican people. It´s also a great opportunity to pay respect to the Virgin Mary! Our guide, Señor Gilberto Roldán Cuevas, besides being a very kind person, knew everything about the sites and mexican history, which made our tour a very pleasant one! We definetely recommend it!