Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Views from the top of Table Mountain are equally spectacular and you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy them independently. Take a walk around and see the city laid out below you. Look over to the Atlantic coastline and, if the weather is clear enough, catch a glimpse of tiny Robben Island in the distance.
After descending the mountain by cable car, meet your guide for a comprehensive tour of Cape Town. Traveling by air-conditioned minibus, you’ll pass top Cape Town attractions in the city center, as well as lesser-known sites in the city’s Malay Quarter (Bo-Kaap) on Signal Hill. Admire the neighborhood’s brightly colored houses and learn about its fascinating history, including tales of Cape Malay slaves during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Time permitting, visit the Castle of Good Hope – one of South Africa’s oldest buildings—and see its incredible dungeons with your guide. Travel to Milnerton Lighthouse to see the beacon that guides ships in-to Table Bay, and then end your tour with a visit to Cape Town’s famous Diamond Works. Learn all about South African jewelry – the country’s most famous export – on a tour of the factory before returning to your Cape Town hotel.
Please note: the cable car will be closed for maintenance July 28 through August 10, 2014. During this time the tour will include a drive up Signal Hill instead to admire the views over Cape Town.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
Departs at 1.30pm
Travel by Cable Way to the top of Table Mountain
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees Table Mountain Aerial Cableway (approximately ZAR195)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On occasion when Table Mountain is closed, the tour will spend time at Signal Hill to admire views over Cape Town
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway will be closed for annual maintenance from July 27 to August 9
Reviewed by: Lee V, June 2015
Warren our driver showed us the magnificent sights of cape town.table mountain fantastic to live in ct people are blessed.cape town now would be in my top three cities.do visit
Reviewed by: Harry L. O, May 2015
Beautiful everyone should see the view tour after was very interesting and informative