Select a datex
What better way to explore the peaceful waters of the Bay of Islands than by the "R. Tucker Thompson" tall ship. This replica of a 100 year old schooner looks just like a working ship of the 18th century and you can spend the day onboard exploring the bays and beaches of this beautiful Maritime Park.
Catch the breeze and set sail for the day from either Paihia or Russell on board the unique tall ship "R. Tucker Thompson", built in the tradition of 100 year old schooners by local Northlanders. She has sailed the world but today will explore the somewhat calmer seas of the Bay of Islands with you on board.
Help set the sails, take the helm or just lie back on deck and relax. Hear tales of the ship's exploits from the crew. Enjoy the Devonshire tea freshly baked and brewed in the galley each morning.
At lunchtime the vessel anchors in a secluded bay. Step ashore, take a swim or try swinging from the yardarm. With all this sea air and activity you'll have a hearty appetite - taken care of by a tasty barbecue lunch cooked on board. Return to either Paihia or Russell this afternoon.
If departing from Paihia you will need to take the regular ferry (departs every 20-minutes) to Russel wharf to meet the tall ship R. Tucker Thompson. Note return ferry pass is included.
Please note: The Bay of Islands Tall Ship Sailing on R. Tucker Thompson does not operate in the winter season between May to October
Bay of Islands Tall Ship Sailing on R. Tucker Thompson
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 9:30am Paihia
Return Details:The cruise concludes at the original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departing from Paihia. Includes return Fullers Bay Belle Ferry across to Russell. The R.Tucker Thompson leaves Russell wharf at 10.00 am sharp, returning at to Russell wharf at 4.00 pm.
Departing from Russell. The R.Tucker Thompson leaves Russell wharf at 10.00 am sharp, returning at to Russell wharf at 4.00 pm.
Bay of Islands Tall Ship Sailing on R. Tucker Thompson including BBQ Lunch
- Morning tea
- BBQ lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Cruise on board the "R. Tucker Thompson" tall ship
- Roundtrip "Fullers Bay Belle" ferry tickets (if Paihia option selected)
- Wet weather gear (if required)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- There is an opportunity to go swimming on this cruise, so please remember to take your swimming costume, towel and sunscreen.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. What's this?
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.