Rome Food Walking Tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
After meeting your expert guide, head off to discover the culinary gems around this must-see foodie district. As you walk, hear tales of Rome's lesser-known history from your guide, and see sights that many tourist maps miss, such as Rome's only pyramid and the Protestant Cemetery, where the poet John Keats is buried.
Visit the legendary Barberini pastry shop to try its mouth-watering Italian pastries that have been sold for over 50 years. Then, browse gourmet produce at a bustling local food market. While shopping, your guide will introduce you to some of the more colorful characters who work there. Make your own bruschetta and try real buffalo mozzarella at the famous Testaccio Market.
Continue your tour to one of the neighborhood's best kept secrets, Trappizino, to try suppli, every Roman's favorite fried rice ball. Sample some of Rome's best pasta along with wine at one of Rome's best restaurants for authentic Roman cuisine.
Further highlights include visits to the Giolitti Caffe and Gelateria, where artisan gelato has been made for over a century. Next stop is fantastic Volpetti cheese shop, home to 150 regional cheeses.
After eating your way around Rome's foodie heaven, you'll end up two blocks from where your tour began, approximately a 5-minute walk to all major public transport options.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Rome Food Walking Tour, departing at 9:45am
Rome Food Walking Tour, departing at 10:30am
Rome Food Walking Tour, departing at 11:15am
Rome Food Walking Tour
- Nine food tastings
- Local guide
- Copy of the 'Local Food Lover's Guide to Rome' publication
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change
- Vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking
Reviewed by: Robert J, August 2015
Knowledgable guide,excellent food. Would recommend this tour !
Reviewed by: Leonie D, August 2015
Sebastiana was our tour guide - very knowledgeable and entertaining.
So much food, we couldn't eat it all
We intend to return to Italy and will definitely book more Viator tours.